Where I Live: Connecticut, the new social studies resource for third/fourth grade about Connecticut will be available in print and e-book/website for the 2017-2018 school year.
Where I Live: Connecticut is designed
- To support the new social studies frameworks for Grade 3, “Our State and our City/Town: Yesterday and Today.” Throughout, teachers will find content that builds on the Grade 2 frameworks, “Making a Difference.”
- To support the new inquiry arc
- To provide ample nonfiction reading for English/Language Arts teaching
- As a platform upon which your district or school develops its curriculum
The website and e-book are available for free.
Print copies are available as follows:
$8 for single copies up to 24
$136 for a 25-pack
All prices include shipping, handling, and sales tax
Schools and tax-exempt organizations must furnish tax-exempt documentation.
Where I Live: Connecticut is:
- Teacher developed
- An 80-page, 9-chapter text, rich with maps, images, and info graphics, available in an online electronic version
- A companion web site with 30+ additional extension essays written at third-grade reading level
- Limited inquiry kits and additional resources
- Print copies delivered August 2017.
- E-book and website available for free.
HISTORICAL SOCIETIES: Include your town. Fill out and submit Template for “My Town”
Table of Contents and Sample Pages
Chapter 1: Geography
Chapter 2: Connecticut’s First Peoples
Chapter 3: Quinnetukut Becomes Connecticut
The Settlement of Connecticut
Life in a Colonial Town
How We Govern
Chapter 4: Cities and Towns
Chapter 5: Important Connecticans
Chapter 6: Wars & Disasters
Connecticut at War
Calamity in Connecticut
Chapter 7: Our Economy
Jobs Then and Now
Moving Across Connecticut
Chapter 8: Let’s Go!
Let’s Explore: State Parks
Let’s Play: Sports
Let’s Create: Arts & Culture
Let’s Learn: Museums
Let’s Learn: Education
Timeline: Major Events in Connecticut History
Please contact Elizabeth Normen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.