Where I Live: Connecticut is designed to support the new social studies frameworks for Grade 3, “Our State and our City/Town: Yesterday and Today.” Throughout, teachers will find content that builds on the Grade 2 frameworks, “Making a Difference.”
It’s great for general reading, too!
Where I Live: Connecticut is
- Teacher developed
- An 80-page, 9-chapter text, rich with maps, images, and info graphics, available in a popular print version and an online electronic version
- A companion web site with 80+ additional extension essays written at third-grade reading level
- A rich ELA non-fiction resource including biographies about Connecticut people
- 10 Learning Through Places Lesson Plans
- 8 Read Along chapter videos
The website and e-book are available for free.
Individual print copies are available HERE
OR, for larger quantities, including classroom packs
$8 for single copies up to 24
$136 for a 25-pack
All prices include shipping, handling, and sales tax
Schools and tax-exempt organizations must furnish tax-exempt documentation.
Table of Contents and Sample Pages
Chapter 1: Geography
Chapter 2: Connecticut’s First Peoples
Chapter 3: Quinnetukut Becomes Connecticut
The Settlement of Connecticut
Life in a Colonial Town
How We Govern
Chapter 4: Cities and Towns
Chapter 5: Important Connecticans
Chapter 6: Wars & Disasters
Connecticut at War
Calamity in Connecticut
Chapter 7: Our Economy
Jobs Then and Now
Moving Across Connecticut
Chapter 8: Let’s Go!
Let’s Explore: State Parks
Let’s Play: Sports
Let’s Create: Arts & Culture
Let’s Learn: Museums
Let’s Learn: Education
Timeline: Major Events in Connecticut History
Please contact Elizabeth Normen at email@example.com for more information.