Help CTExplored Establish an Endowment!
Connecticut Explored now has the opportunity to establish an endowment fund in honor of our 20th anniversary in 2022. Our fund is at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and will provide CT Explored with a small annual distribution (about 4.5% – 5% of the fund per year) for publication in perpetuity.
Gifts of $250 to $10,000 to the Connecticut Explored Endow Hartford 21 Fund at the Hartford Foundation will be matched 50 percent until we reach the maximum allotted to CT Explored. The Zachs Family Foundation and other donors have pledged to match gifts as part of this campaign.
Every dollar you give becomes $1.50!
(minimum gift to be matched is $250;
gifts matched until we max out our matching fund allocation)
Please join us in building this fund with a significant one-time gift in honor of Connecticut Explored’s 20th anniversary.
Our goal is to qualify for matching funds of $33,000*. That will give us a modest but meaningful nest egg to send Connecticut Explored into its third decade. Details for making a gift are noted below.
Contributed to Date (12/22/21): $77,667
Match received: $32,200
*The matching pool has increased several times since the program began. We’ll continue to update this site to reflect our current eligible pool. If you have questions about whether your gift will be matched, please contact Publisher Elizabeth Normen at 860-233-5421 for the latest information.
The Endow Hartford 21 Match Program will match gifts made by an individual, family, business, or corporation for the benefit of Connecticut Explored, subject to the following guidelines:
- Gifts from $250 to $10,000 per donor per charity will be eligible for the 50% match.
- Gifts must be paid, not pledged, by the donor directly to HFPG for the Connecticut Explored Endow Hartford 21 Fund. HFPG will issue gift tax receipts to all donors.
- Grants from donor-advised funds, including at the Hartford Foundation, are eligible.
- “Donor” is defined to mean one of the following: a single individual, household, family, business, or corporation.
- Gifts can be made by check, credit card, or marketable securities.
- Corporate matching gifts are eligible for the match.
- The Endow Hartford 21 Match Program will run through June 30, 2022.
Donate online at https://hartford.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?funit_id=5162
or www.hfpg.org/donate, scroll down to Connecticut Explored Endow Hartford 21 Fund and click the Donate button.
Donate by Check
Checks should be made out to Hartford Foundation for Public Giving designated for the Connecticut Explored Endow Hartford 21 Fund and sent to:
Attn: Deborah Rothstein
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
10 Columbus Boulevard, 8th Floor,
Hartford CT 06106
Please contact Deborah Rothstein at 860-463-5233 Email: DRothstein@hfpg.org
Or make a recommendation from your Hartford Foundation, Fidelity, or other donor-advised fund.
Thank you, and thank you to the Zachs Family Foundation and other matching donors for this opportunity to plan for the future of Connecticut Explored. Visit EndowHartford21.com.
Questions? Contact publisher Elizabeth Normen at Publisher@CTExplored.org